(as of May 25,2023 05:27:04 UTC – Details)
MW5 Bird Box Camera: WiFi, Live Video to Phone, Night Vision, Recording to microSD card, Support Direct AP mode, Smart Motion Detection
Easily Upgrade your current bird box/house to Bird Box/House with Live Video to Phone
Advantanges of WIWACAM MW5 Bird Box Camera:
– Easy to install to bird box and bird houses. This bird box camera could work with most of bird boxes and bird houses.
– Lens Focus already set for 4inches distance: the lens provides clear image in bird box at distances between 4inches and 8inches.
– No mechanical sound when switching between day and night mode: no disturbing noise for the birds.
– microSD card slot away from lens: much easier to install or replace the microSD card. No need to open bird box to do that.
– Could work as Direct AP Mode, no internet connection required: you can connect the camera to your WLAN or use it as Direct AP mode. Under Direct AP mode, the camera emit a WiFi by itself. Your phone can be connected to the camera WiFi (without internet) to access live video, download recordings, etc. (camera WiFi only works within 30feet away from camera)
– RTSP support: RTSP enables you for many DIY solutions. Such as broadcast to Youtube together with broadcast software, or or record videos in Synology NAS.
– With built-in 800mAh battery: in case of power failure or you want to disconnect the camera from power temporarily, the camera can continue to work completely normally for a short time (up to 3 hours)
– Built-in microphone: hear and record the sounds of the birds or animals.
– Live video to phone no matter you are at home or on the go: setup camera in 1min, then you could watch live video and check recordings on your phone, no matter you are at home or on the road.
Besides the above advantages, the MW5 Bird Box Camera is also simply a good IP camera with high-tech specifications:
– 4K/2K image quality (4K for snapshots, 2K for live video/recording/RSTP).
– Continuous Recording, Alarm Recording. microSD card up to 128GB supported.
– Good night vision with enhanced state-of-the-art IR design
– Motion detection and detection zones
– Alarm notification to Phone and Email Box (requires internet connection).
– Cloud storage (additional option, storage time 7 to 30 days)
– Built-in microphone to not only see but also hear.
– Share short recordings with friends via WhatsApp or Facebook
Note: Since the camera supports RTSP, the camera can also be accessed via RTSP as an alternative for those who do not use our app and do not want to create an app account. Advanced features, however, require the use of the app for security reasons.
There is an instructions about initial setup and use without our Wiwacam app. If you are interested, please get from us, we can send them to you. However, we recommend this solution mainly to users who already have experience with RTSP.
Easy Installation to bird box
Simply glue the lens part inside the bird box. Works with most bird boxes (power connection required for camera).
Focus Test in Birdbox/BirdHouse
– Distance from Test Characters to Lens: 6inches
– Height of the “G”: 2mm (0.08inch)
The lens could capture small details of features on birds.
The lens focus has been set to support from 4inches to 24inches. Best distance range is from 4inches to 8inches.
Good Night Vision by 940nm IR
– Support Auto Night Vision in bird box
– We removed mechanical components so that switching between day and night mode is silent, will not disturb birds.
Power Options and built-in 800mAh battery
The built-in 800mAh battery backs up operation for up to 3hours, in case of any power outages happened.
To run continuously, plug the camera in via micro USB adapters.
The camera could keep recording while recharging the battery.
Supports Mobile Power banks as power source, if you cannot find a power outlet:
10,000 mAh ≈24-hour operation
20,000 mAh ≈48-hour operation
Note: The camera is not designed as running only with Solar Panel. Only using Solar Pannel as power source could not support camera 24/7 running. It may only work for 2~4 hours.
MW5 Camera for Bird Box/Birdhouse -1USB Cable -1Product Manual Booklet(en) -1
(USB power adapter is not included)
the MW5 Bird Box Camera is not waterproof, you would need to protect it from moisture using a plastic or metal cover or box. Please note that the main module is for heat dissipation, so it should not be placed in a too small airtight box.To install the camera in your bird box, you may have to do a little work yourself (glue or stick it to the woods).the MW5 uses exterior surfaces for heat dissipation. So if the camera feels hot to the touch, it’s nothing to worry about. The surface material is heat resistant up to 248°F, so it’s safe. In addition, the material used is flame retardant.
[Lens Focus Designed for bird box/bird house] The lens provides clear image in bird box/bird house at distances between 4inches and 8inches.
[Much easier to install or get microSD card than other models] We use a speical design to move microSD card slot away from lens. This will help much easier to install or replace the microSD card. Other bird box cameras require open bird box to do that, this camera no need.
[Support work as Direct AP Mode, no internet connection required] You can connect the camera to your WLAN or use it as Direct AP mode. Under Direct AP mode, the camera emit a WiFi by itself. Your phone can be connected to the camera WiFi (without internet) to access live video, download recordings, etc. (camera WiFi only works within 30feet away from camera)
[Come together with rich features and good warranty] MW5 Bird Box Camera is with high-tech rich features, such as 4K/2K image quality, Continuous Recording, Alarm Recording, Alert to your phone and your Email box, support micro SD cards up to 128GB; Good night vision with latest IR design, Support RTSP. We provide 30day money back warranty and 1-year product warranty by our U.S local team.